Finance Assistant – Salary Finance
Blenheim Chalcot Venture
- Finance and Accounting
About Salary Finance
SalaryFinance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge’s Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles’ BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
Your role in our mission
We are looking for an exceptional Finance Assistant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will assist in performing day to day finance processing tasks such as process invoices, book journals, perform monthly reconciliations and set up payruns. There’s plenty of opportunity for development and you will get great exposure working with stakeholders internally and externally.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have excellent time management skills and are adept at managing the needs of a variety of stakeholders, at all levels of the business.
- You enjoy creating and documenting process flows, always striving to improve their efficiency.
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complicated issues in a clear and simple way.
- You enjoy interacting with clients on a daily basis, both over the phone and by email.
- You have an upbeat approach, are able to think on your feet and are eager to learn in a fast paced environment.
- You are honest, trustworthy, discreet and ethical.
- You are focused on efficiency and operational excellence and look for opportunities to automate.
- You have a “can do” attitude and a problem solving mentality.
- You are proficient in MS Office suite with strong analytical and numerical skills.
- You are detail-oriented and enjoy ‘getting in the detail’.
Awesome if you
- are degree educated or equivalent.
- have previously worked in a startup.
- have some experience working in a finance department.
- you are comfortable working in excel.
- have a desire to build a career in finance.
What you’ll do
- Check emails for invoices, supplier statements, queries.
- Post invoices into Xero, ensuring correct cost and project coding.
- Learn and apply the correct VAT treatment to invoices.
- Issue payment remittance advice to suppliers.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Send and follow up queries with suppliers and procurement.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Prepare a weekly pay-run file ensuring all payments have been approved.
- Support prepayments and accruals preparation.
- Check expenses claims to receipts and against travel policy.
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of control accounts.
- Ad hoc tasks if required to support other members of the Accounting Department at month-end and support with monthly review of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite café, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, dynamic working and many other perks.
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
Blenheim Chalcot Venture
- Finance and Accounting
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- HR Assistant
- Sales Development Representative
- People & Culture Administrator - Modulr
- Customer Success Executive - Contentive
- Office Coordinator (Edinburgh)
- Account Executive (Student and Lifestyle)
- Marketing Executive
- Future Talent coordinator
- Investor Operations Officer
- Investment Operations Officer - 12 Month FTC
- Payments Analyst
- Volunteer Team Leader
- Credit Assistant
- 2021 Data Accelerator Programme
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Broadgate Search